Blocking Experiment

June 6, 2011 at 6:00 am Leave a comment

So far I’ve managed to avoid blocking.  Mostly I work with thicker yarns and often with round objects.  Recently I made some square coasters though that came out a bit crooked and decided to finally figure out blocking.  I went with the soaking method rather than spraying since it’s a thick yarn and pinned them all down to a towel.

Pre-Blocking Coaster

Blocking Coasters

Turns that I don’t have as many pins as I thought (I don’t sew) so I was only able to pin the corners (even then I had to use some needles).  I stretched and squished the edges until they lined up with the ruler and hopefully they will dry that way.

Drying in the sun

I set the whole thing up in the sun and hopefully it will all go smoothly!

Do you have any tips or tricks for blocking?

Advertisements

Entry filed under: Products. Tags: , , .

Ice Cream! Treasury Tuesday: Salem’s Coast

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed


Join 8 other followers

Calendar

June 2011
S M T W T F S
« May   Jul »
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Twitter Updates

Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.